Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gym Tastic

I was overwhelmed by the wonderful feedback that I received from family and friends yesterday after I posted my first entry! Thank you all for your love, support, and encouragement! It means so much to me that you're willing to support me in this life changing decision I've made! I am blessed beyond measure for having each one of you in my life!


My Last "Fat" Picture
 Now let's get to the good stuff....

Day 1 at the gym went well! I joined a women's only gym and for me that makes a big difference! No offense to the guys but I'm just too self-conscious for them see me workout! The gym itself is great- there's a ton of different things to do- there are fun classes to take, tons of machines to use, and a lot to do to make it both motivational and fun! My first day there and I didn't even have to go alone!! I have an AMAZING friend who after reading my first blog entry yesterday told me that she wanted to go to the gym with me today. Teresa, thank you for your support and encouragement!! I'm so glad that we are taking this journey together! I love you girl!!

So once we got there we started out on the elliptical- I had never done one before and was worried about breaking my neck on it. Teresa helped encourage me to try it, which I did for a quarter of a mile, after that my knees said no more....so we go on the treadmills, it was great to have someone there to talk to make the time go by and go by it did, a mile later we decided to change it up. I got on the stationary bike while Teresa did some weights, we finished it off with a protein enhanced fat burning smoothie. Overall it was a GREAT first day!! :)

I promise I won't post something on here every day but I figured since this was a big milestone it was an important entry! I'm looking forward to seeing how much I progress and how much more I'm able to do once I start losing the weight! Thank you for your support!! I decided to add a picture from before I started my workout today just so we can see how much I change during this process.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, please DO post on here as much as you like! I can't wait to hear about the next part of your adventure! Sounds like an awesome first day at the gym. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay girl...this is awesome!!! Wow so impressed! I usually just try one of the 3 machines you did. Keep up the awesome work. Coach Van would be VERY impressed! can't wait to tell him and my mom about your exciting new journey! I always think the hardest part of the whole work out thing is doing it on a regular basic....it can get old real fast! but you sound super pumped to be going and so awesome to have such a great friend to go with you! love you lots...prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! You can do it. And blogging will help I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hope. You should definitely blog as much as you want. It will be easier to have people holding you accountable if you're keeping us updated on your progress.

    You are doing awesome so far! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn this is awesome and I am so proud of you! I love you and I know you are an amazing strong willed woman and I can't wait to see the new you! You will do amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete