Monday, January 17, 2011

Chili's...Wait! What?!

So things have been going well, I've been making smart choices with food and have been working out. My Mom came in to town this weekend and while we were out Mom, Steph, and I decided to go to lunch. The consensus was Chili's but I nervous. My favorite dish there is the Cajun Chicken Pasta! Just in case you don't know what it is, let me fill you in. Penne pasta with blackened Cajun chicken topped with Alfredo sauce and tomatoes. Sounds amazing right?!

AMAZINGLY UNHEALTHY!! I knew that I couldn't waste all of my hard work from last week on one meal that I would regret eating immediately, so I chose something else. I branched out and picked another lunch off the menu! Now for those of you that have been to Chili's with me, this is a HUGE (no pun intended) deal! Once I find something I like on a menu that's all I order! But I was good, I got the grilled salmon with grilled broccoli and a glass of water. I was so proud of myself that I didn't give in to temptation and go to my old staple!


So the purpose of this blog is just to say that if I can do it, you can! It may be a little more expensive than your favorite menu item, but in the end it'll be soooo worth it!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

1 comment:

  1. First off, I want to comment on how excited I am for you! Jenn, this is great! I know you will succeed because I know that you are a determined and strong girl!

    Second, I miss you and our Chili's dates!! We really do need to keep in touch more often!!

    ReplyDelete