Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 1- A New Beginning!!

I have been motivated, encouraged, and challenged all by MTV! Wait....what?! I know what you're thinking...I've seen MTV these days and it's a little....trashy! I would say that I agree with you, there's a lot of junk of MTV these days, even though I still watch Jersey Shore!

This is a judge free zone!!

So like I was saying I was moved by MTV to change my life and all because of one episode of a show called "I Used To Be Fat". On this show these seniors in high school take one summer to train with a personal trainer, change their eating habits, and exercise so that they can be different people when they go off to college. It really spoke to me. I want to do that, I thought, but how?!

Looking at pictures of myself was the final straw. I'm sick of being the fat girl! I'm sick of not feeling comfortable in clothes, of never feeling pretty, or feeling good enough. Now stop right there, I know what you're thinking...this is just a poor me story, but it's not!!

I've given myself a challenge and a goal: I am going to lose weight and get healthy before my 30th birthday in August. I'm going to change the way I eat, the way I look at food, and join a gym- I ALREADY HAVE!! and work with a personal trainer once a week who will help motivate and challenge me on this crazy journey I've signed up for.

I also need YOU!!! A majority of the people that read this blog are going to be my friends and family. I need your support and encouragement! You are all so important to me and I want this to be something I can share with you, hence the blog! As Jennifer Garner's character in 13 Going on 30 says, "I want to be 30, flirty, and thriving!"

Will you join me on this journey?! I promise I'm going to work my tail off to succeed in this and I'm sure there will be tons of hilarious moments along the way...remember I am the girl who broke her elbow coming out of church, falling on Holy Ground! So please join me in this exciting new chapter of my life!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Jenn - What great year it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on, Jenn! You're an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO proud of you doing this for yourself!

    I do have to say though, I think you're beautiful just how you are!

    I'm excited about going on this journey with you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic decision! You are going to do so well because you have realized that you are in control of yourself. Girl, you will be 30 flirty and FANTASTIC!
    I have a passion for healthy living and happen to be on a journey of my own. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer Dion..I can"t even begin to tell you how hard I am crying after reading your blog....so inspiring and so strong! I am so proud to call you one of my best friends! I know you will have a ton of people to support you on your task ahead, but know that I know just about everything one could know about a friend and am here for you always 24 hrs a day. I will be lifting you up in prayer each and everyday and that is a promise!! You are a beautiful woman and whether or not you reach your goal (which I know you will), you will always be beautiful because you were created in HIS image!! I love you and think you are so amazing. Maybe I can make it to tally for my spring break and we can workout together...love you girl! keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn,
    How wonderful! I've been working with a personal trainer for the last six months to get more physically fit and I love it!
    I don't know if you are interested or not, but they have a great competition that starts this Sunday. It's a 90 challenge and the winner gets $2000 cash, a free year of training at the gym (Body Trac), and a year of Massage Envy. Huge!!!
    The winner is calculated on % of body fat lost, not pounds. They are super healthy - you even get nutrition classes. I've been 100% happy. Let me know if you are interested in it and I'll send more info.

    ReplyDelete