Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Did you say physical assessment?!

Today I had a GREAT day!! I finally closed my first case at the new job so it finally feels like things are clicking! WooHoo!!

After work I signed up for my once a week training session with my new personal trainer, Angela, at the gym. Angela and I got to chat for a few minutes and after we set up my first appointment (next Tuesday evening) she said words that are still making me cringe...Physical Assessment!

After I heard those words my mind went back to P.E. from elementary through middle school with the dreaded President's Physical Fitness Challenge! UGH! Do you remember it? You had to do a certain number of push ups, jumping jacks, running, and the dreaded pull up! I could never do a SINGLE pull up!! Even now the thought of that stupid bar makes me shudder! I never got an award because you had to do at least 1 pull up!

But this time I'm going to conquer it!! Granted, I'm not doing a pull up but I am going to continue to eat healthy and workout so that I can change my life and be a healthier and happier person! So when I see the pull up bar I will not be intimidated anymore!

2 comments:

  1. You go! I too never cared for the Presidential Fitness Challenge. I remember the PE coach wanting me to run a mile, only I could never really get the hang of running (turns out, years later, that I was asthmatic and never knew it as a kid!), so I walked the bloomin' mile. It took 25 minutes. (And no, I did not get my fitness award either!)

    So I'm right there with you on that! :) If it makes you feel any better, now, as an adult, I run marathons. Funny what you can do when your body's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so remember that physical fitness test! I could never do the sit-n-reach! lol!

    ReplyDelete